Saturday, September 27, 2008

ABC Management

I have just a second, so I thought I would finish my post about the ABC Management.

A = Analytical (people follow you because you are "smart")
B = Bold (people follow you because they believe in you)
C = Caring (people follow you because you care for them)

Cory said that usually people are born with one, have some of another, and none of the third. We went around the room and determined the one we were lacking. Thomas was born with C and has some of A. Cory encouraged him to focus only on B, then. I was born with C as well, but have some of B. Cory told me that I could research and find data to impress people with what I know. With the ABCs of management, you could be a great well-rounded manager.


We (just the two of us) also met with Cory in his office yesterday. He asked us what our biggest fear is going into this big business move. I answered, "Paying the bills." He understood, and encouraged us that he and everyone in the office was on our side. He was in our shoes at our age - opened his first gym at 22 years old (it was only the 2nd My Gym). Now he is the CEO of a huge company with over 200 My Gyms worldwide. He personally has owned about 20 gyms over the past 25 years My Gym has been around. He has so much faith in us, it's crazy but so wonderful! We are just waiting now until October 6th (take over date) to be able to get into them gym and do what everyone knows we can do!

No comments: