Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Random things I'm Learning...


  • I am a perfectionist (I wouldn't have admitted that before).

  • You have to do more laundry in cold weather because of all the layers you wear.
  • We take so much for granted: Disney, Sea World, family gatherings, etc.

  • Your spouse is (or should be) your best friend!

  • Some people don't like change.

  • You can live without TV - and it's amazing how much other things you get done without it.

  • It can snow in Colorado as late as March and on.

  • Snow skiing is expensive; stick to water sports if you can!

  • I miss sweet tea a lot.

  • Word of mouth is the best free advertising (and email blasts).

  • Cleaning windows with a clean rag doesn't leave smudges like paper towels do.
  • Lotion doesn't always cure dry skin.

  • My city (Arvada, CO) is the celery capital of the world.

  • Static is a real problem.

  • Chalkboard paint is the neatest thing (pictures will be posted soon).

  • Lizards must not live in Colorado.

  • Things will get done somehow, one step at a time.

  • It is okay to ask for help.

  • It's so important to stay in touch with friends, but sometimes it's the hardest thing to make time to do.

  • Washing mesh bags full of ball pit balls is not fun in the cold.

  • It is so much easier to cook dinner everynight (instead of eating out) when you live 2 miles away from work instead of 20 miles.

  • Days go by so fast.

  • You really do learn something new everyday.....

4 comments:

The Heuslein Family said...

That is really cool Juli! Like I said before, I am really proud of you and Thomas! You are doing such an amazing job. Even though it is tough, together I know you can do it! I love you Juli!

The Heuslein Family said...

http://www.arvadavineyard.org/

When Jamie and I moved to Lakeland, we found a Vineyard Church (among MANY other types of churches). I looked at the Vineyard Churches' website (vineyardusa.com) and found that there is one in Arvada also. If you haven't found a home church yet, maybe you could check this one out. We found the people to be incredibly friendly and the worship was very similar to Freedom Fellowship. It will be an easy way to make some friends your age :)

I LOVE YOU!

A.H.Shaw said...

Awww, you are learning so much. I love the static one. It makes me think of the scene in Because I Said So with the ballon. Jacob loves you guys!

Dad said...

I am SO proud of my you two! Guts, determination, drive, action takers, dream chasers, risk embracers. How cool is that?