Sunday, December 28, 2014

End of the Year Business News

We have news. We're not sure if you'll take this as good or sad news (and it's certainly bittersweet for us), but here it goes... we have started the process of putting My Gym Arvada up for sale. 

This has been something Thomas and I have discussed since he was hired at Victory Church the end of 2013 and we knew we were expecting twins. There has been all kinds of emotions throughout the year, but I'm happy that we are both on the same page with our decision and at total peace about it. 

We have loved working at My Gym for 11 years, and owning My Gym Arvada for 6 of those years. However, seasons and priorities change. The Lord is number one in our life, and really what we have is His. That's what makes this easier. 

The thought of walking away and My Gym Arvada closing down absolutely devastates us, but we no longer can maintain it at a high level nor give it the attention it needs. With lots of prayer, we think it's best to try to find a buyer fairly quickly. We still want My Gym part of our lives, but we want to experience it as a customer, as a family, more than as the owner.  

Through our business journey, we cannot thank you enough for all your support, and pray it continues as we go through uncharted waters again. God brought us the right buyer at the right time for My Gym Colorado Springs last summer. We hope and pray we have the same fast experience here. However, we have agreed to stay as committed as we can be to the success of My Gym Arvada until the day it is no longer ours. Hopefully that is clear in the email that was sent out to our email database (below). 


Dear My Gym Friends, 

We are writing to let you know that we are currently seeking the right person to take over as the new owner/operator of My Gym Arvada. While we absolutely love teaching and sharing My Gym with all our families, with the recent addition of twins to our family, it has become increasingly difficult to manage the business as well. As you all know and understand, our young family is our highest priority, and we must downsize our business/work responsibilities to be the best parents we can be to our children. This is a very difficult decision for us, but one that I hope you understand. 

We want to assure you that we remain committed to delivering the highest-quality classes and programs while we search for the perfect owner. Our full schedule of classes, camps, Parents’ Night Outs and birthday parties will continue while the search is underway. We know we will find the right person who will be totally dedicated to enriching your children’s lives and continuing the excellence of My Gym. 

This is an amazing opportunity to get involved with My Gym at a much-reduced cost, with the financial investment being far lower than new, start-up costs. My Gym is a very rewarding business. The support from My Gym Enterprises is exceptional. If you love children, want to run your own business, and would enjoy leading the great team we have here, please consider this franchise opportunity. Serving the families of our community is a very gratifying experience.

The new My Gym owner can look forward to much excitement ahead too. My Gym Arvada already has a phenomenal, highly trained staff and great location. And there’s so much room to grow. Gyms around the world are expanding with martial arts, art classes, mobile classes at day cares, a partnership with Zumba, and more. These are all programs we have yet to implement here in Arvada. For the right person, this is a great opportunity to take a successful, growing business (we gain new members every month) to the next level. 

For more information on the sale of this gym, please feel free to call Mike Chalovich (My Gym Enterprises) at 818-907-6966, extension 116 or email him at mchalovich@mygym.com to discuss the purchase opportunity in more detail. 

Thank you,

Thomas and Juli Hobby

No comments: